20 Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
That’s easy. I fell in love with an amazing man. 🙂 (He proposed, too!)
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
I graduated with my Masters this year, which was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. I’ve also struggled a bit in my job. I’ve always used my job as my identity, so when I struggled, it rocked my world a bit.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Really getting to know Bear’s family and friends. They’re wonderful people, and my life is richer because of them.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
TIME! I always said that I didn’t have time for a boyfriend, and so once Bear and I started dating, that became evident. It was an adjustment, but I don’t regret a second of it. Honestly, the greatest thing I sacrificed for Bear? Television watching- I used to have a lot of “shows”. Now, I have time with him instead. I got the better deal, I do believe! 🙂
5. Pick three words to describe 2011.
Love, blessings, growth
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2011 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
challenging, blessed, happy
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2011 (again, without asking).
Well, he’s not a spouse, but a fiance’, but I’ll still participate. 🙂
love, growth, happiness
8. What were the best books you read this year?
I didn’t read near as much this year as I did in 2010, mainly because I got burnt out on reading preparing for Orals. My favorite books I read this year were: From Head to Feet (a devo for teenage girls), Mockingjay, and Sisterhood Everlasting.
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
Bear obviously became a very important person in my life. He went from being a guy I’ve been dating for three weeks to the man I’m going to marry. The more time we spend together, the more sure I am of us and our future. I can’t wait to marry the man of my dreams.
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Last year I feel like I was getting to a point where I was becoming secure in who I was, and this year just cemented that. I’ve truly figured out who I am, and discovered that I’m pretty happy with my imperfect self. 🙂
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I’ve been single a LONG time, so it’s been an adjustment to having a relationship and having to think of another person, but I think it’s gone quite well considering. 🙂
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
I staffed a Cursillo in November, and it was an amazing experience. God just poured his love over me all weekend, and I really grew from the experience.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
My New Year’s Resolution was to do a 5K a month. Although I didn’t make the goal (I did 10), I am still so proud of what I DID do. I was in AMAZING shape up until August. Now I just have to get back to where I was then! 🙂
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
My team. Our sixth grade team has been in a constant flux of change with a new team member every year for five years straight. Having a second year as a team really cemented our friendship and gave a new sense of unity and camaraderie that I’ve really enjoyed.
16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
Not meeting expectations.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Pinterest and facebook. 🙂 I have done quite a few projects and recipes thanks to Pinterest, though. 🙂
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
When I was with the people I love.
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
I’m never going to be perfect, but I can still be happy and blessed in my imperfections.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2011 for you.
It’s better than ever, but the best is yet to come… 🙂